Wickford Seventh-day Adventist Church
January 18, 2020
9:45 am Sabbath School
|Superintendent’s Remarks Donald Pakpahan|
|Mission Emphasis Nicky Pegus|
|Bible Study Lesson* "From Mystery to Revelation" Robert Roache|
(meets in the Sanctuary)
|Primary and beginner class||
(downstairs, 1st door on left)
|Youth/Young Adult Class||(downstairs in Fellowship Hall)||
10:50-11:00 AM Preparation for The Service
Praise Music Praise Team
Announcements: Elder and Bible Studies Leader
- Happy Sabbath! Welcome! “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths”. Proverbs 3:5-6.
- Guest Speaker next Sabbath, 1/25: Beverley Buckner, SNEC Superintendent of Schools, will talk about our youth and their impact in our churches. We will have a fellowship meal after the worship service. Please make plans to stay the full day, an afternoon program with questions and answers section with Beverley is scheduled between 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm.
- Second Reading: Tomorrow, Sunday, 1/19, Church Business Meeting at 10:00 am. Please make all efforts to attend as we seek to approve our annual budget and other church matters.
- Church Officers Training January 26 in S. Lancaster, Ma. See Robert Roache if interested in carpooling.
- Mid-Week Prayer & Bible Study: Wednesday 7-8 PM.
- Our study this week is Matthew 7:15 "Beware of False Prophets." Discover the Bible's teachings on how to identify them, then what to do.. Come, enjoy singing, prayer & Bible study.
- Prayer Line! We now call on Fridays from 9-9:30 PM.
Teleconference Prayer Circle. Join us as we welcome the Sabbath with praise and prayer. Telephone Number : Call (605) 313-4820 Code: 499954 # (Pound sign). Please pray.
Two 2020 Reformation Tours to Europe! The first Great Controversy Tour will be an English-Korean tour (March 20-April 2), and the second will be In the Footsteps of the Reformers with Hope Channel (July 17-30). Both tours are similar and will have as guide Dr. Gerard Damsteegt, specialist in church history and prophetic interpretation. See Daniel and Revelation come alive! Visit Rome and the Reformation sites in the Waldensian Valleys, Switzerland, Germany, and France. Either of these tours will give you a new vision for how to prepare for Jesus’ coming. A most exciting experience! For March tour info call 269-815-8624, or email GCTours@mac.com. For July Hope Channel tour call: 301-680-5104, or email@example.com or the website: https://www.hopetv.org/studytours/reformers/
- Please keep Ed Spears in prayer as well as all of our members who can no longer attend in person.
- Ed spears is enjoying his new tablet thanks to our church families’ efforts. He is reaching out via face book and able to watch the church service as well. Praise the Lord!!
- Please remember our North Kingstown Food Pantry Crate in the foyer. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive”. Acts 20:35.
11:00 a.m. Worship Service
|Pianist Kiffany Smith|
Introit** I Love You Lord Congregation
|Invocation & Welcome* Debbie Roache|
|Opening Hymn* I Sing the Mighty Power of God Hymnal # 88|
Tithes and Offering* Our Local Wickford Church Budget Doug Harris
|Deacon Jim McFarland|
Deacon John Ross
|Doxology** Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow Hymnal #694|
|Praise* & Prayer of Intercession *** Debbie Roache|
|Hymn As We Come to You in Prayer Hymnal # 671|
|Response*** Hear Our Prayer, O Lord Hymnal # 684|
Scripure Philippians 4:13 Robert Roache
Sermon The Importance of "One Thing" Joe Ewing-Chow
Hymn of Consecration** Give Me Jesus Hymnal # 305
Bendediction Joe Ewing-Chow
Postlude * Selections
* Please be Seated **Please Stand ***Please Kneel
"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me." Psalm 51:10-11 NKJV
The Mission of the Wickford Seventh-day Adventist Church is:
1. To call people in our community to become disciples of Jesus Christ,
2. To proclaim the everlasting Gospel announced by the Three Angels Message (Revelation 14:6-12) and
3. To prepare our community for Christ's soon return
Sunset Today: 4:43 PM Next Friday: 4:52 PM
Offering next week: Religious Liberty NAD
Pastor Joseph Piresson (860)759-8132 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elder Robert Roache (401) 391-2815
Clerk Robert Turner (401)782-4796
Treasurer Linette McClure (401) 480-1476 (leave a message)
Church address: 8050 Post Rd, N. Kingstown, RI 02852 Phone: (401) 294-6356
Mail: PO Box 41, N. Kingstown, RI 02852 website: www.wickfordsdachurch.org